Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Dr Tone
Regular MemberPosts: 114Gear list
Like?
Re: My upcoming Sony FF A-mount prediction
In reply to contax4ever, 5 months ago

contax4ever wrote:

1) I'd like to see the 36MP sensor.

2) Equivalent or better low light performance. Even a 1/3 of a stop would be nice.

3) Much larger sensor coverage with the focus area.

4) A way to lock up the translucent mirror and bypass it. I'm fine if this is a manual focus option only.

5) Improvements in the EVF. The better it gets the more people that will be willing to switch, improving the viability of our system choice.

6) Micro adjustment setting for both ends of a zoom lenses, the camera should average in between focal lengths. Similar to what Canon has.

7) Lenses

Hi - if you are seeking highest quality glass, what lenses are missing? Aren't these all terrific:
16-35/2.8
24/2
ZA 50
85/1.4
135/1.8
70-200 G2
70-400 G2

Nothing specifically, but variety is the spice of life.   Most of the Sony lenses are rehashed Minolta glass, if they put some effort into it I think they could easily improve allot of the stuff they have with todays technology.

Again this is a want just to improve the viability of the a mount.  Glass will always be the most important part of a system.

Dr Tone's gear list:Dr Tone's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony SLT-A99 Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow