Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,972Gear list
Like?
Perhaps I missed it in the DPR review of the FZ1000, but
2 months ago

Perhaps I missed it in the DPR review of the FZ1000, but is there a time limit on recording, such as the 29:59 one with the RX10? I'm not referring to EU legal issues, but cameras sold in the rest of the world. Sometimes I need extended non-attending recording ability, like offered by the GH3 with grip. I realize that, even without a time limit, the recording, like the RX10, would be dependent on one battery life (assuming no grip shows up) which is not good, of course.

Also, the review seemed a bit vague on line-skipping. Does the camera avoid line-skipping? I did a search of this forum and a couple of other sites and it seems that it doesn't do line-skipping, but people were making these comments from interpreting the manual, etc. I'm sure they are probably correct, but would just like a confirmation.

Note: I have an RX10 and GH3, but can always use another body, and if the Pany turns out to be as good as the RX10 and its presumed soon-to-be replacement, I could avoid buying a GH4 and even consider selling my m4/3 stuff, which is considerable.

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow