Lens Cap for X100S with Hood - Necessary??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OliverBesner
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Lens Cap for X100S with Hood - Necessary??
2 months ago

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a lens filter and hood for my X100S and assume that most of you probably have the same rig. I was wondering whether you use a lens cap with either the hood or adapter ring, and if so, which do you prefer? Do you feel they are necessary?

I often travel with my camera and when it's not around my neck, it's usually toted around in a Filson canvas briefcase. I wonder if it would be safe to knock around inside with just the hood attached or whether it would be safer to use a custom cap fitted over the hood or with the hood removed and fitted over the adapter ring; especially while travelling.

I've been considering picking up a custom 49mm leather cap for Luigi at Leicatime, or even a 58mm to fit directly over the hood (though I worry that would add way too much bulk!) but I'm just curious to get feedback from others on their setups. I have a few other items from Luigi including a half-case, separate battery/sd card holder, and soft shutter release.

Here's a photo with my new Leicatime case...

Leicatime Deluxe Half-Case with Rear Flip-Back, Natural Aged Brown Leather

And the newly added soft shutter and hood, which I received this afternoon...

Added Fuji hood and ss release

Anyway, should I leave as is or buy a lens cap for added protection? How do you cover your lens with the 49mm adapter attached? Just toss it in my Filson bag with the hood on and not worry about it?

Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow