* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #326 14 07 23 *

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
LouHolland
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,324
Like?
Re: The Driver
In reply to minniev, 5 months ago

Hi Minniev, the histogram is very unbalanced, that means if we corrected that first it will reveal what you possibly really saw that day. OTOH the mist in the background is very appealing and could be back by masking. That white boat on the right in the misty part is balanced with an other white one just behind that raft and is to me not directly a point of disturbance as your shot is social moment, but if you want to get rid of it use the content aware option in Photoshop or crop it out.

I have corrected the histogram and masked out the mist behind, that means now it is more or less what you've seen that day otherwise the histogram couldn't reveal it.

example
-

It is not to me to judge, you're the artist of this image, but maybe it helps to see what you initially saw.

Lou

minniev wrote:

On the south end of Grand Manan, most mornings look like this, but work goes on. The flat vessels are called drivers and are used to transport a device out to the herring weirs to pound the saplings into the sea floor to hold up the nets. I don't know if there is enough detail to make a decent photo of, but the scene caught my eye because of the little light, I think, that could be seen through the fog. What should be done with it? I never seem to know what to do with fog pictures...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Lou,New
EXIFNew
PeteNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow