Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,958Gear list
Like?
A Bit of Black & White with my old K20D &43ltd
2 months ago

Not up to getting out to shoot anything but did come mining in my photo morgue and found this one. Decided to give it a shot as B&W. I orginally intended B&W for the final processing but never got around to it...now 3.5yrs later...

Here is a crop taken at 100%:

K20D, 43ltd, f5.6, ISO200 taken in 2011

Full image from above...both best viewed at 100%.

Hope they look right, B&W in digital is not my best thing by far. I do like this one though.

Subject was a homeless guy, Jim, most folks here in town knew at one time. He hung out at our city Albertsons...never actively panhandled but was always willing and ready to yak your ear off. He was not a bad or lazy man, he lost a $70k/yr job due to multiple times caught drinking/intoxicated on the job. Over the subsequent 12yrs he lost everything. Left with only his Honda Accord he took to living in it. Never took money from me, but I did stop and chat with him often. He never blamed anyone for his situation beyond himself.

Jim did eventually meet up with meth and that along with continued drinking was his final undoing. But he was always positive and always had a great outlook on life...if he was ever sorry for himself you never knew it. The man would give someone who needed it the shirt off his back and never think twice.

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
Pentax K20D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow