Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RacingManiac
Contributing MemberPosts: 662
Like?
A77 II First Outing...
3 months ago

So after 6 years with A700 I finally decide to jump to a new SLT. A77II seems like a good option. The price is right, the fast AF is what I am looking for since I like shooting fast moving cars. I also get a lot of chances to do it since every autoX I participate I get to shoot them too. This last weekend was a double header weekend so I get a good chance to shake down the camera that I took delivery literally the night before...

First impression, the camera is fast, much faster than A700. The new Lock on flexible something something AF is super awesome. My A700 was a good jump from my KM 5D before, but with the lenses I have its still struggles a lot of the time when shooting car racing, my hit rate is maybe 1 in 5-6 shots to get a well focused shot. Now its about 1 in 3-4, and you can shoot faster with this. Now the control takes some getting used to, buttons are not where I expected them to be yet. EVF was a bit different, but I like that now I can wear my polarized sunglasses while using C-POL. Battery life doesn't seem worse. I still need to get the vertical grip though. 6 years of progress certainly seems worth it...

Now some pics..all shot handheld with 70-400 G

EDIT: The color looks kinda strange on this forum...hmm

-- hide signature --

Maxxum 7
KM 5D
Sony Alpha 700
Sony Alpha A77 II

Canon EOS 5D Sony a77 II Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow