Q Looses the 3-D of the M?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
jennyrae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,887Gear list
Like?
Re: Q Looses the 3-D of the M?
In reply to PrebenR, 3 months ago

personally the Bayer-ish look I am referring about Quattro is more on positive side or benefits of Bayer like tonality and dynamic range. did not say it is Bayer per-se but Bayer-ish that does not mean Bayer. hard to describe but I mention, looks Bayer but not Bayer.

to explain further, if we refer to classic Foveon, I believe Quattro has more headroom with dynamic range and noise handling which is advantage of Bayer. because classic Foveon have issues with handling noise and on the mid end of dynamic range. still the Quattro still retain it's positive foveon features like color, resolution and detail difference over Bayer.

also, one of possible reasons why people say Quattro appear more Bayer is possibly of previous pictures shown with NR or unprocessed pictures which do look or resemble of Bayer flatness.

I think Quattro results will improve as support for handling Quattro files in SPP also improve.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow