* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #326 14 07 23 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 12,708Gear list
Like?
Re: Lake Michigan - Door County
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 3 months ago

Looking back between this and the original (in enlarged mode, but not 100%) I like the original better, both as far as the colour and the crop. If I were going to crop I would crop so that the tree line left the corner. I would likely clone a bit there so the diagonal line nicely left the corner.

It is my preference that when a diagonal line leading into the frame is near a corner, it should generally pass through the corner (sometimes an exception here and there). In the cropped version it is getting close to the corner so I would make it pass through. That said, I like the original uncropped version better in any case. (This I would also have applied to your building image with the railings leading out to the entrance in 1041. I would have cropped and otherwise manipulated the image so the railing walls left the corners. The last one in this post http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54072288 )

Andrew

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Lou,New
EXIFNew
PeteNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow