Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lpammann
Senior MemberPosts: 2,179Gear list
Like?
few more birds from South Florida
5 months ago

These were taken at Green Cay Wetlands in Boynton Beach, Florida. If you are into photographing birds, this is one place not to miss if you are in southeast Florida. The extensive boardwalks there get you close to the birds and they are relatively people-tolerant.

Tricolored Heron, K3+1.4xAW+DA*300, cropped to 3600x4500 and down-sized for the web:

cropped to 4000x3200 then down-sized for the web:

Yes, I was real close for that shot The rest of these images were shot with just the K3+DA*300 since I could get so close.

Anhinga, looking very well fed. I had to backup a lot to get all of the wings in the shot. Cropped to 5000x4000 then down-sized for the web:

When I visited in March there was a Least Bittern who stayed deep in the reeds. This time it was out hunting so I was able to get some shots of this very small heron. Cropped to 4800x3840:

It is difficult to see from this shot how small this heron is. Fortunately a White Peacock butterfly landed on a reed above the bittern's head to give a sense of scale:

On the hunt:

Success!

Looking for more:

LPA

lpammann's gear list:lpammann's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow