Canon 6D: "Live Bulb" hack-- is it possible?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Couloirman
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
Canon 6D: "Live Bulb" hack-- is it possible?
5 months ago

I love my Olympus OMD EM5 for the "Live Bulb" and "Live Time" modes. If you don't know what that is, it is where the LCD screen updates you to show you how your long exposure is doing so you can literally watch it develop in front of your eyes on the LCD screen and always be able to stop it at the right moment without any guess work.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this on the Canon 6D? Magic Lantern? Anything? That is the one thing holding me back from getting this camera and upgrading to full frame-- I just use that feature too often for light painting my foreground during long exposure milky way shots to give it up.

Is there any way future Canon releases will incorporate this feature, or is it patented by Olympus in a way that no one else can implement it?

Thanks

Couloirman's gear list:Couloirman's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow