* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #326 14 07 23 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
Pete_CSCS
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,070Gear list
Like?
Painting
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 4 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

I intentionally processed this one to look more like a painting. Something I've never done before. Let me know how I did and how I can improve. Do you think you would like the shot with normal processing or is it too ordinary?

Although the image is very saturated, I don't think it looks a lot like a painting.  Local Tone Mapping or Clarity adjustment can give it a painting-like look.  Was a circular polarizer used?  It has that look with the 12mm FL although the deep blue to light blue effect doesn't bother me.  I kind of like it.

This is after the fact but I would have liked if you had moved a little to the right (if possible - I think it is) when you took the picture so that the water would have had more beach to the left of it instead of the weeds right up against the water.

-- hide signature --

'When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at
his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.
Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,
and I know it was not that blow that did it,
but all that had gone before.'
-- Jacob Riis (1849 - 1914)

Stay Well,
Pete K.

Pete_CSCS's gear list:Pete_CSCS's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z612 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Lou,New
EXIFNew
PeteNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow