>>> Street Photography eXchange #108 <<<

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Ken Christie
Contributing MemberPosts: 972
Like?
Re: frogs rule
In reply to fad, 2 months ago

Ah Frank, more or less as I expected. You really are becoming a bit too predictable.

I do agree that my choice of words was perhaps incorrect, and that "Ethnic slur" is a much better term. My opinion stands, and now much better described. Thank you.

It's not a term of affection.

I too have an affinity for France, and am sure that were I, in their presence, to describe any of my French acquaintances in that manner, I could be nursing a bloody nose. And I can assure you, you would too.

As far calling his workmates "K*****", that might result in your son receiving the same treatment from the Germans he works with. He might even find himself on a boat home. I don't think it would be considered witty banter.

And, a pop at the English too, courtesy of a wee translation from Bonaparte, whom they subsequently kicked up and down the street, albeit with some assistance, but alas, without a photographer present to record the event.

As for "Yank", in common use in your own country, various variants, used in song, and perhaps actually carrying a smidgen of affection. I'd use the term in the right circumstances without fear of giving offence.

You hope your reply isn't too shocking or offensive for me? Really Frank? How magnanimous of you, how condescending, how caring.

This conversation ends here.

Beannachd leat

-- hide signature --

KenC

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow