ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dreadeyes
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Best alternative to e-mount lenses on a6000
5 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I've recently aquired a Sony a6000 as a wide to mid range camera for my freelance work as a photojournalist. I'm getting really tired of carrying around two bulky nikon bodies and lenses around so I thought of reducing the weight by purchasing the a6000 to replace my d300 + 18-55mm f/2.8 lens. Although I enjoy the kit lens for around the house I need to have a mid range fast zoom. I am still keeping my d4 + 70-200mm f/2.8 as my main go to camera.

I am a bit confused what my options are in regards to the mount converters. I believe that there are no Nikon converters that will carry over AF from the lens to the camera which I am ok with. I don't mind buying a new lens that will always be attached to the a6000.
The LeaE4 seems to be the best alternative but dramatically reduces the amount of AF points as opposed to what the camera body has to offer. Does Sony have a converter that will allow the camera's auto focusing phase detectors to do the focusing and still keep the focusing speeds fast?
My other alternative seems to be to purchase the metabones Canon converter and purchasing a canon mid range fast zoom lens.

What would you do if you were in my situation and budget wasn't really a limitation?

Thanks!

Marc

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow