What's the longest you ever had to wait on a backordered lens?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
CreeDo
Contributing MemberPosts: 582Gear list
Like?
Re: 8 months or 3.5 years...
In reply to Joseph S Wisniewski, 3 months ago

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

CreeDo wrote:

I'm not sure what's typical in the photo world for waiting on backordered items.

Weeks? Months? Please don't say years.

Sorry.

I ordered a Nikon 6mm f2.8 around 1995. The waiting list at the time was 8 months. By the time it arrived, the project had been canceled and my employer arranged its sale, unopened, for about what we paid for it.

I put a deposit on the Voigtlander 75mm f1.8 SL II Nikon mount in February of 2011. Got my deposit back about 6 months later. It's July 2014 and Voigtlander still hasn't shipped the 75/1.8.

I'm at 2 weeks + and counting. Driving me nuts, not even a guesstimate, and there are others ahead of me in line.

What did you order?

ack. I think and hope my case will be different. I got the Tamron 150-600 (review to the right of this page).

It's gotten good reviews everywhere and they all seem to feel it's the best bang for your buck as far as super telephotos go. It seems like the kind of lens made to sell a lot on a thin margin rather than sell a handful on a large margin.

Were the lenses you ordered sort of specialty items or obscure?

CreeDo's gear list:CreeDo's gear list
Canon EOS 1200D Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow