Contributing MemberPosts: 968
Like?
Re: kids on the run
In reply to DonnCath, 2 months ago

DonnCath wrote:

shutterbud wrote:

DonnCath wrote:

Is that Glasgow, just behind MoMA?

Yup. Actually I think all the photos I've shown recently are from Glasgow. The elephant one below was taken in the Kelvingrove Gallery & Museum. Just got back from a trip there. Really good for street photography. I probably only got about 10 shots that are good enough to share, but the hundred or so on my hard drive make a really fun slide show even if individually most aren't such great photos.

My closest city. Currently awash with sunshine - a rare occurrence - and vast numbers of visitors arriving for the Commonwealth games.

The kids shot. It's usually called Goma -Gallery of Modern Art. We tend to differentiate between "Galleries" paintings & artworks almost exclusively, and "Museums" which contain interesting things, often of age usually plundered from foreign parts. Kelvingrove, as mentioned contains both, hence the use of both titles.

But where is the iconic shot of the stautue of the Duke of Wellington with his Glasgow hat on?

Every time the authorities take it away, the good citizens promptly put it back.

Just over your left shoulder from where you shot the kids.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3a/Statue_of_Wellington,_mounted,_Glasgow_-_DSC06285.JPG

And you're right about it being a great street shooting location.

-- hide signature --

KenC

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow