Will Pentax shift focus to APS-C lenses?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gonzie
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Will Pentax shift focus to APS-C lenses?
3 months ago

I was on BH yesterday and looked at the medium format lenses for Pentax.  I would never buy one, but was just curious.  I noticed many of them were flagged as new items and are timed with the release of the 645Z.  Now that the camera is launched do you think they will shift focus back to the APS-C line of lenses?

I will continue to support Pentax and love their cameras.  To me they offer the best bang for the buck when compared to Canon and Nikon.  My one complaint is the lack of focus motors on the consumer grade lenses.  For example, if Tamron can put a silent motor in the 70-300 and great image stabilization in a lens that sells for $349 after rebate then why can't Pentax create one with a motor and weather sealing for $100.00 more?

I get a bit envious when next to others that focus silently and mine is whining away!  I have read about all the issues with SDM motors, some say they are fixed others say the issues still exist.  DC motors seem to be reliable so it would probably be the safer bet.

I understand that they changed the pricing of their lenses to be more in line with what the market is willing to pay.  Just give us silent focusing like they have on lower end lenses and I would be happy!  Well happier

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow