OM-D EM-5 Problem - Shutter locks closed

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jemstone
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Sounds like the same problem I had
In reply to dav363, 1 month ago

Hi, I have a similar problem: sometimes the shutter locks shut for no apparent reason (not fast shooting or anything) and I have to turn the camera off and on again. I am also concerned that the first photo I take each time I turn the camera on is either pitch black – shutter shut – or underexposed. When I take the second picture, it is always slightly more exposed, and it doesn't matter which setting I'm using. Is this at all normal? It's annoying, because I frequently miss a good shot. I have tried reseating the lens and I do have a good enough memory card. Does this sound like camera or lens? I will try my other, rarely-used lens now I have read that it could be a lens problem.

I am going to contact Hdew AGAIN with this problem, although I expect they will say it is MY fault, as they did when I had to return my first EM5 as it developed a fault with the art filter after just two weeks. I am disappointed in Olympus, although it is a really good camera WHEN it works.

Sigh!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow