Will the Quattro Embarrass Sigma into dropping their camera line?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
maxotics
Regular MemberPosts: 282Gear list
Like?
Re: No
In reply to Truman Prevatt, 4 months ago

It's not just camera companies. Traditional H/W based companies have a very poor track record when it comes to the necessary S/W components required by its H/W. Some of the interfaces on the newer autos are convoluted and poorly designed. It seems that H/W companies never heard of human factors in S/W design. Nikon, Canon both have very poor S/W products. In reality they should not even try - they should contract out their S/W. Nikon recently dumped its high end raw converter and photo editor as well they should have since both Phase One and DXO Pro kicked Capture NX the quality of the final raw conversion.

The H/W companies seem to think that S/W is easy and anyone can do it - and it shows.

Couldn't agree more. Focus on what you're good at. I can't believe I'm alone in this. SPP will never match Photoshop/Lightroom. That is can't even crop/straighten an image is...well

If I could just export TIFFs from X3F without losing any dynamic range http://maxotics.com/?p=266 then I wouldn't worry about SPP. Yet, because I HAVE to use SPP to realize the potential of my Sigma cameras, it means adding the SPP "opening" time to the camera's write time, so every image requires a 30-second combined wait. That's BEFORE I make my slow adjustments in SPP.

Like everyone else, I live with it. But I have no respect for those who make apologies for SPP. Sorry Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Sigma is doing none of those with SPP.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow