Flat view
gstadter
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
FZ video, value
5 months ago

strange topic title, I know. sorry.
my situation...
I shoot high school football games with my Nikon D610 & 200mm f/2.0 VR.
I need to simultaneously record video. I've done this for several years, using a Sony Handycam.
The Handycam has gone bye-bye.
I started looking at the HF G30 & x920, but then the FZ1000 was announced, which got me looking also at the FZ200.
I am including the FZ cameras into the mix (even though they would not have low-light video performance on par with either of the dedicated camcorders) because at the cost of *some* low light performance, I would gain a second stills camera, one of which does 4k. ...would let me grab some still when the occasion didn't warrant me additionally carrying around the D610.
All that said, my question is, when capacity for taking stills and 4k are de-valued or removed from discussion, would jumping up to FZ1000($900) really have 1080/720 video performance that is worth coming up from the FZ200($450)?
I've seen a few discussion threads that somewhat touched the topic, but none that were so specific to this question. FZ1000 having the larger sensor, but FZ200 being at f/2.8 throughout the zoom range.
any thought on the question would be appreciated. thanks

-- hide signature --

'We truly fail only when we quit.'

gstadter's gear list:gstadter's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow