Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ErikUI
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
sony A55 zeroed sd card
5 months ago

After returning from my honeymoon, I have a 16G sdhc card that was emptied. The card was almost new. What happened is that I had formatted it and tested it with 10 pictures when I bought it. Then reformatted it to erase the test photos. After that I went to travel and shot photos without problem until it was almost full. When almost full, I was shooting a movie and then I had a message that the card was full, so I shut the camera down. After, when I inserted the sd card to import the pictures, I had no more pictures. On the card there is only a folder: "private".

I tried doing a recovery with various tools but the only pictures appearing are the 10 pictures that I shot while testing, all the other 16G of pictures that I shot during my travel is not there anymore.

There are no hidden folders and the free space says 16G of free space, so it is as if the camera had written empty information on all the card and that I can just see what was there before my first format.

Has anyone had problems with a full memory card that emptied itself?

HDD RAW copy gives an image of only 500mb and not 16G.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow