Eucalytus flower macro with A7r. 23 photos stacked.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OvinceZ
Senior MemberPosts: 2,588Gear list
Like?
Eucalytus flower macro with A7r. 23 photos stacked.
5 months ago

First time in 25 years I have seen this flower on a tree outside my place in Sydney. It is the middle of our so-called winter but flowers still bloom here. So out comes the tripod and 100 Canon macro lens. Used a segmented plastic clamp attached to the tripod and gripped the branch just a bit to the left of the photo. Using focus peaking I took 23 photos and then stacked them with Zerene Stack. Did a beautiful job right away with Pmax.

Edited in Photoshop Camera Raw then Perfect Effects. Very pleased with the detail and depth of field. Photos were at f/5.6 and 1/15 of a second. ISO 100.

Click on the bottom to see the original full size photo. Not many people post full size photos on this site. I honestly didn't want to post it here but it demonstrates a lot about the Sony A7r. Without focus stacking I doubt I could have done this photo. Maybe using a rail. I never used magnified view.

Vince

Zerene stack of 23 photos  f/5.6  1/15 sec  ISO 100

OvinceZ's gear list:OvinceZ's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +14 more
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow