Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dzzope
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
What camera..
3 months ago

Hi all, long time reader first(I think) time poster.

So, I had a Nikon D90 with the 18 - 105 mm kit lens and a 50mm f2.8 which recently got stolen.

I love playing with lighting and trying to get a picture on the screen to match what I see (or even improve) with my eye. Scenery would be a major part of my pics.

So thats what I use a camera for. Now for my questions..

I'm looking for a light camera as I tended to not use the D90 due to the weight, (I moved a few years ago and no longer have a car, used to love having it everywhere but is too heavy and bulky to lug around all the time without transport)

I'm looking for something that will focus fast and accurately (D90 was plenty good enough for me) in low - med light.

Preferably have aperture, iso and shutter speed adjustable without climbing through menus.

I'd love another kit with a lens around the same as the 18 - 105 I had on the Nikon, gave a good range, but am open to suggestions for lenses with similar range that may be even smaller.

Brand preference is Nikon for usage, build quality and feel.. cannon for price and weight. Other brands are pretty much totally unknown for me.

I have no lenses so there is no worries about that.. VR would be great but not 100% necessary.

So far I've been looking mostly at the Nikon D5300 / D3300 and 100D from cannon.

Looking for the best bang to buck but also a strong platform to keep refining my skills and capture some nice pics. Top end features are wasted on me a bit but I have to say I'm very tempted by the 5300(built in WiFi, large high-res screen thats flip-able, familiar brand etc)

Whats good options from Olympus, Sony Samsung etc... Are there mirror-less cams that fit my needs? (that don't cost more than what I'm looking at, smaller is fine but am not made of money )

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Smaller and lighter is better but it can't suck at the other stuff from compromise..

Thanks

Dzzope's gear list:Dzzope's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow