Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,989Gear list
Like?
Re: Q Looses the 3-D of the M?
In reply to Roland Karlsson, 2 months ago

Roland Karlsson wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

I think the thing for me is that you can tone down what the Merrill does in post, but you can never really replicate it coming the other way. I've seen plenty try but never quite manage it, that's why the three Merrills are unique cameras IMHO and why I'll shoot with them until Sigma reproduce what they can do in faster, newer, bodies, which may be never. I get what the Quattro can do, and I can see the appeal for some, it's just not the same for me.

It goes actually both ways. Too little local contrast might erase information that you cannot get back. Too much local contrast creates texture that might be hard to reduce without destroying detail.

I can't say I've had any problem toning down shots from the Merrills, Nik Color Efex and other Nik tools do a great job of giving me pretty much any look I want.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow