Confusion about my first DSLR continues...

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 5,883Gear list
Like?
Re: Confusion about my first DSLR continues...
In reply to baloo_buc, 2 months ago

baloo_buc wrote:

Both are at par with high ISO (Canon with the sensor and Sony with the design). The deciding factor is the lens you can buy for each system (quality, availability and price). Sony A58 was manufactured to be all plastic (even the mount is plastic) to cut costs.

While I can understand a plastic mount on a small lens. A plastic mount on a camera makes no sense at all. It severely limits the size of the lens I would be comfortable using.

While not as much an issue for really big lenses like my 6 lb, 120-300 f/2.8, as those are designed so you carry the lens, instead of the camera.

It is the more common mid-range lenses that become a concern. I wouldn't want to mount a 70-200 f/2.8 which is a very common lens on a plastic mount.

The plastic mount on the camera is a total deal breaker for me.

I had a Sony P&S and Canon P&S. The IQ of Canon was obviously better even if they used the same sensor. The processing and the lens made the difference.

-- hide signature --

All statements in my posts represent my interpretation of data, research opinion or viewpoints.
The opinions expressed are not representations of fact, and are subject to change without notice.
All images are used for educational purposes.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow