Q Looses the 3-D of the M?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,150Gear list
Like?
Re: Q Looses the 3-D of the M?
In reply to Erational, 3 months ago

Erational wrote:

Shortly I will be driving myself crazy comparing my old M to the new Q. I can't keep them both. It is dizzying how some folks shots from the Q will definitely look better than the Q and vise-versa.

My anxiety comes in the form of wondering if I will loose that ethereal 3-D-ness I cherish so much with my M-series camera. Perhaps a better question would be 'How much flatter do the images look'? Do you new Quattro owners feel it's 80% what you had with your Merrill ? 50%? Perhaps you feel the image is just as 'Flat' as that of a Bayer camera.

Do tell.

You may lose some at full resolution, but you can always get it back at 4.9MP.  Personally I don't find 4.9MP of true X3 capture bad at all, at least for a lot of web work and reasonably sized prints.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow