Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sakedad
Contributing MemberPosts: 669
Like?
Homage to my friend (a fading camera)
2 months ago

I recently had my FZ20 which is almost 10 years old and been around the world a few times die in Mexico. I was sad but happy for the times we had. I posted the following to my FB when friends asked why I was feeling so much about my camera. Some just don't get they are our kids! Luckily today I was able to revive it but I know it is brief and I must replace her soon.....shhhhh....don't tell her yet.

Here is what I posted......

This is a REAL digital camera that I bought almost 10 years ago when I went from an old fashioned 35mm film camera (remember those!?) to a digital. It went to China and took 5000 pictures in 2 weeks, it has been to Tahiti and loved the blue waters, has been to Russia and saw soldiers, and has treated me well all over the world. She has had tools dropped on her and got a cracked screen, her hand grips fell off long ago and she is no longer "pretty". Yet through all of this she has delivered amazing pictures that never showed how much effort it took her to share them. So when she finally gave a last sigh in Mexico I was not willing to leave her on the beach and took her to be with me JUST IN CASE. When she came back to life today I was as grateful as an old friend taking a much needed deep breath. We both know she won't be around forever but we plan on doing a few more FUN ADVENTURES before she decides her shutter is closed for good. Thanks for ALL your support.

-- hide signature --

Nathan
FZ20, Nikon 4Tlens, Nikon N70 35mm
http://sakedad.smugmug.com
Experiment, experiment, experiment....it's free after all!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow