Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Banner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,337
Like?
Please recommend a teleconverter that works with Sigma lenses
5 months ago

Hi, I use a D300 (hopefully soon D7100) with Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 50-150 2.8, and Nikon 85 1.4.  I'd like to get a teleconverter that will work with these lenses.  It's the sigmas that I'm most concerned about.  I use the 50-150 2.8 for sports (daughter's pony competitions) and I often have to crop the images.  I take 100+ at an event and so it's a lot of work.  I think with a teleconvertor I could save the time processing the images and seeing the magnified image in the viewfinder would help with composition.

When I looked at these before I was interested in the kenko and I can't remember the details but it seemed there was another brand that was equivalent but cheaper, or perhaps it was the kenko that was equivalent to another high price brand I can't remember.

I'm in the US on vacation and would like to take the TC back home with me.  i don't have my Nikon gear with me here so that's why I'm asking about which is the best TC to get.  The competitions I shoot are always outdoors in daylight so losing a bit of light isn't an issue.  I'm not sure the 1.4 will give enough of a boost (150 -> 210) so maybe I should get the 2x?

Thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow