E-M1, 12-40 and Rokinon FE tag along on 28 mile, 30 hour volcano bumrush.

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wallybipster
Contributing MemberPosts: 823Gear list
Like?
E-M1, 12-40 and Rokinon FE tag along on 28 mile, 30 hour volcano bumrush.
2 months ago

Hello everyone,

I was fortunate, or crazy enough (I'd say both) to have a brief window with my favorite climbing partner, so we made an attempt to climb to the summit of the island I live on and get back in under 30 hours.  This includes a bushwhack through a long, nasty bog, some meandering around alpine meadows, and then a climb up a broad, 6,000 foot volcano on snow, ice, and pumice.

Anyway, considering how hard we were pushing, I didn't have tons of time to stage shots, or get perfect settings.  Note how many of them feature the backside of my buddy.  Some of these images could certainly have been executed better.  But overall, after this whole experience, I can't imagine what rig I would prefer attached to me and ready to go over so many miles, rough terrain, and changing weather and lighting conditions.  Ok, I do miss my EM-5 just a little for this, but I couldn't afford to keep them both.

Feel free to critique or comment on anything, like the last shot not being pixel-perfect for example.  Thanks for looking,

Wally

Fresh of the beach and into the bog.

A few miles of squelching bog, and someone's imagination was getting the better of him.

In the tall grass

Break time before the climb

Boot change after the boggy bushwhack

Looking back

Green March

Snowfield Base

Brief tease through the clouds.

Oh Crap

Punching Through

Riding the Cleaver

Caldera Rim

Inside the Rim

Fumarole

Time to hit the road

Off the rim

Hello again clouds

Good Morning

Last Look

Cascade

Fuzzy Flowers

Wallybipster's gear list:Wallybipster's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow