Did Panasonic Cameras used to have a bad rep?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,218Gear list
Like?
Did Panasonic Cameras used to have a bad rep?
2 months ago

Any of you who have interacted with my on these boards know I am Panasonic fan.  Their products just seem to fill my needs at various times, and I am always more than pleased with their products.

But over the last year, especially in other forums, when I bring up Panasonic, I am surprised by the backlash.  This also happened in my local photo group where people, said the worst camera they ever had was a Panasonic.

I have owned 6 Panasonics and I have had to send one for warranty repair that took 5 weeks and it annoyed me, and the other I sent in I had damaged and they fixed it for free.  I spilled wine on my LF1 and sent it in for a sticky shutter and they sent it back fixed, no charge.

I have found all of mine to deliver as expected in their category.  So when I encounter negativity about a Panasonic, I am surprised.  I know sometimes, people just need help operating a product, but an experience is an experience to the person having it.

Anyway just curious.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow