How can I learn to love having less width and DoF?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smfdurham
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
How can I learn to love having less width and DoF?
7 months ago

I'm having a brilliant time getting back into photography with my new GX7. So much so that I'm going to sell the 14-42 and 45-150 I got free with the camera to partially pay for the new 14-140 mk2 I've just ordered.

I fell out of love with photography because I lost motivation to lug around my 400D and 3 lenses, therefore the 14-140 sounds like an epic lens that will serve me well for the majority of pictures I want to take.

There are 2 things missing though, I really enjoyed the Tokina 12-24 on my canon and taking ultra wide pictures. I also enjoyed the DoF on the 50mm 1.8 canon.

Any tips to either go for a different style of photography that I might enjoy? Can you learn to love landscape photography with less width? Can I compensate for the slower lens by using the zoom to create DoF instead?

And if I did buy a second lens (not affordable in the short term) would a super wide or a faster lens (the 20mm 1.7 perhaps) be the way to go?

Thanks!

Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow