Nikon D810 + Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,860Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D810 + Sigma 50mm 1.4 Art
In reply to olsenn, 5 months ago

olsenn wrote:

Does anybody here have some photos taken with the Sigma 50mm Art lens and a Nikon D8XX body?

Yes, quite a number now. It's looking as sharp on the D810 as it was on my D800E, even wide open. This is at F2, but you get the idea - sharp (very) at the point of focus (the seam on the offset middle vertical of the football):

Just a suggestion, but have you done a test of focus at short focus distances? It's not unknown for a lens that was OK on a prior body to require microadjustment on a new body. The good news about the Sigma is if you buy the USB dock you can do the adjustment a lot finer than a camera body will permit, at multiple focus distances.

This is a photo I took of a tree trunk, but I am not sure my lens is behaving as well as it should. This was taken at f/2.8, so some areas are more focussed than others. However, even with fine tuning the AF it seems to be unreliable. Also, I did slightly smear/scratch the front element of the lens from cleaning, so this may have affected the sharpness; what do you guys think?

Note that this is just the default JPEG (Fine); not proccessed from RAW.

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow