Will the X100S get firmware to improve autofocus?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SangYuP
Regular MemberPosts: 433Gear list
Like?
Will the X100S get firmware to improve autofocus?
3 months ago

I've had my X100S since April, and I haven't used it as much as I wanted to but the times I have used it were great!  It was mostly used for indoor family gatherings and such.  The only complaint I have is the autofocus in low light.  I find it hard to use and it takes a long time to lock focus.  I've missed several shots and the spontaneity due to having to either wait on the focus to lock or having to retake the shot because it focused on something else (this might be very well due to user mistake though).

I've read some tips on autofocus and they haven't really been too helpful.  I want the camera to work and do what I want it to without too much thought and the autofocus is the only thing that I seem to be fighting with constantly indoors.  Now maybe as I use it more and more it will get better.  I shoot with Nikon FX so I'm spoiled by the autofocus so am I expecting too much?  Is this a valid shortcoming?

I hope fuji comes out with a firmware like they did with the X100 to improve the focus speed and capability.  There is the rumored X100T coming soon with improved autofocus so I hope they incorporate some of those improvements in the a future firmware soon (at least the improvements that can be made through software/firmware).

SangYuP's gear list:SangYuP's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +14 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow