Canon 600EX-RT v 430EX-MKII
my beloved 580EX (MKI) died recently ( capacitor??) and Canon no longer supports it with spares. After asking 4 other Canon repair centers in the UK I got the same answer so it is now time for a new flash. I have the 270EX also and an ST transmitter.
- I shoot sports photography and I use flash randomly at the end of matches.
- I do the occasional family portrait and I attach the flash to a white umbrella fired remotely from the transmitter
- I use it for fill in in daylight
- I don't use flash very often
- I can afford the 600EX-RT but do I need to spend double the money based on my flash usage?
- Canon UK has a cash back deal for the 430EX II
Sorry I am asking this question in this forum but I know that if I ask in the general Canon forum I won't get many replies...