Veteran MemberPosts: 4,564Gear list
Like?
Re: LUMIX G X PZ 14-42mm or LUMIX G 12-32mm
In reply to Polariser, 3 months ago

Polariser wrote:

jeffharris wrote:

Polariser wrote:

Which is better:

LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. POWER O.I.S.

NO!

LUMIX G VARIO 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S.

YES!

And what is the difference between POWER OIS and MEGA OIS?

Marketing.

Thanks!

Why do you say the 12-35 is better? Wider? Better IQ? No Blur at tele end?

I had a PZ 14-42mm briefly but returned it for several reasons. Mainly, it had shutter shock problems on my GX1. It just wasn't that sharp and I really disliked the way it collapsed… it was necessary to shut off the camera for the lens to retract in order to change lenses. I generally leave the camera on all the time. SO, it's only small when the camera is off. It's also overpriced for what it is. Clearly, I just didn't like it. I got a Panasonic 14-42mm II instead, but had the 12-32mm been available at the time, I would have bought it instead.

I've tried the 12-32mm a few times and really liked it. I prefer 12mm to 14mm, it's quite sharp and I liked the way it renders, too.

I want a small zoom pancake to slap on my EM5 … Just found that Oly has a similar lens (Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ) as well. You don't know how that compares do you?

No, sorry.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow