ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alithenake
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
Zhongyi Lens Turbo II and Sony a6000
5 months ago

Hello,

Since my review on the SONY a6000 (read it here) I had the chance to test lots of lenses and gear on the camera which now I own.

In the list of tests were only E mount lenses (Touits included) and I wanted more.

So I've contacted MXCameras.com to ask for a sample of their Zhongyi Lens Turbo II and they've promptly responded, sending me an AI-NEX model, since my main camera is a Nikon D700 and I have a great load of lenses.

I also had an adapter from M42 to Nikon F mount, so I knew I will be able to mount old M42 lenses to the A6000.

I did a lot of testings, especially for video with the M42 lenses but the edit is still in the work.

So why I write this post? Just to show you some results with the combo: Sony a6000 + Lens Turbo II - Nikkor 105mm Macro f 2.8 (and sometimes a Nippon Kogaku F Bellows).

This is my phANTSastic world:

Bellows used in this image.

Now about the adapter: it's incredibly sharp in th ecenter of the image, but to the sides quality decreases.

I've asked the guys from MXCamera and they responded with a pertinent answer: the adapter is made especially for video work, so the focus is on the center of the image (16:9 video won't use all size of the a6000 camera's sensor).

It's well built, but be careful when you first mount it: there is a strange Open-Close ring on the E-mount part, the lens-release button on a6000 becomes locked by a nut on the adapter.

In my first mount, even if reading the instructions, I managed to put it wrong and moved from its place a rubber on the adapter.

But with care, I put it back and mount the adapter correctly.

I've also mounted on the a6000 the Sammy 8 mm Fisheye. This is what you get

I will keep you updated with my progress when the video editing is done.

Regards,

Alin Popescu

-- hide signature --
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow