Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tjdean01
Senior MemberPosts: 2,159Gear list
Like?
A7 with these Adapted Lenses...
5 months ago

I shoot Micro Four Thirds because I could never afford full frame.  But now that I can use adapted lenses, I'm thinking of getting an A7 or A7r.  I have these lenses ready to strap on:

Vivitar 28/2, 135/2.8 macro

Konica 40/1.8, 50/1.7, 135/3.2, 200/4

Pentax 50/1.7, 135/3.5

Rokinon 85/1.4

I build this collection for m43s.  On my Olympus PM2 with its cropped sensor, with the exception of the 28, I don't want to shoot any of these lenses wide open.  I bought a speed booster, however, at the Pentax 50 started to look good wide open.  So, will ALL of my lenses sharpen up (i.e., stop being dreamy) a bit at lower apertures?

Also, I don't plan to buy ANY native lenses for the A7.  I simply can't afford them.  I have a few zooms and pancakes for my PM2 and plan to keep them, plus, the camera itself is smaller than most full frame lenses!  Do you think I'd be happy with such setup?  Note that I could shoot all day with my PM2 and just the above lenses so I'm used to MF.  Thanks!

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow