Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hoianprinter
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Epson 4000 Motherboard issues
5 months ago

I recently inherited an Epson 4000 Stylus Pro, virtually unused. Rodents had made a meal of a lot of the wiring. I have since purchased a used machine, and have a high degree of confidence that I have now successfully replaced all the damaged wiring. When I restarted the machine it consistently gave me a mainboard error. I have since replaced the mainboard with the good board from the used machine......however, although the printer now lights up and begins to self-test, it quickly begins to generate new errors - fails to recognize the maintenance tank or ink cartridges, and although the head begins to move, a 10004 error is generated almost immediately.

I am beginning to think that all of these errors may relate to firmware. Although I have the most recent firmware file, and can program the printer through the service menus to enter 'firmware' mode - I don't know what the process is to actually load the firmware from my computer.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas - or can direct me to a forum where these questions might be more appropriate, I would be very grateful

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow