HB - Pentax DA*200/2.8 + Pentax 1.4X HD AW (7 imgs)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,873
Like?
HB - Pentax DA*200/2.8 + Pentax 1.4X HD AW (7 imgs)
2 months ago

Hi folks,

CIF Hummingbirds with the K-5 IIs + Pentax 1.4X HD AW + DA*200/2.8 lens. I set the subject focus distance to about 6 feet (1.8 meters). I have previously written that IMO an f/4 lens captures more images when doing CIF than an f/2.8 lens does due to the sensing of a greater DOF at f/4. That is why I am using the 1.4X teleconverter with this lens.

I am showing Image #2 and Image #3 (Broad-tailed Hummingbird) simply because they are such a beautiful bird and the fact that I have been trying to capture one of these for many years. Maybe in a day or two I can get one that is completely inside the frame.

The beautiful male Rufous continues to elude me. Today I saw one approach the area of focus at least twenty times but it would not fire the shutter because it was just outside the DOF (Z axis) zone of focus I guess.

Image #1 - Could be an imature Rufous, female.

Image #2 - Broad-tailed, male

Image #3 - Broad-tailed, male

Image #4 - Imature Rufous, female

Image #5 - Rufous, female

Image #6 - Rufous, female

Image #7 - Rufous, female

Today I learned that the female Rufous is the Queen of the feeder. She is a feisty little critter and will run them all off, including the male Rufous.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow