Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 329Gear list
Like?
a good site for posting pictures ?
5 months ago

Hello

Don't know if this the place for this question, but anyway...I'm looking for a web site for displaying my photos, preferably with the creation of different albums. I have looked at 123, blogspot, wordpress, canalblog, tumblr, pbase and Flickr. Blogspot is not too bad as for the sizes allowed, tumblr is not really the right place imo although the interface is nice, so I have narrowed my choice to pBase and Flickr. I must say I like pBase, one can display different sizes and put a clear and readable info underneath, organize albums, and it seems that the copyright is automatically granted. But the whole appearance of the site looks so old-fashioned to me, so "classic" in a boring sense. The fact that you have to pay a fee after a one month trial does not disturb me, as deep inside my swiss calvinist genes I highly suspect anything "free" . On the other hand why pay when other sites are free ? ( lol ) So that leaves Flickr but for some reason I dislike Yahoo, and I find the interface heavy and difficult. Classification by lenses or by camera types is fine but you have that in pBase too . Flickr is free but some nasty persons on different forums have hinted that since it was sold to Yahoo there is no guarantee as to the copyright of your masterpieces ...so what do you think ? Is there a better alternative anywhere that I could consider '

thanks for your answers and experiences .

108's gear list:108's gear list
Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow