Like?
Re: The difference between liberal and conservative
In reply to peevee1, 2 months ago

peevee1 wrote:

Mentor3 wrote:

peevee1 wrote:

Edification wrote:

RobertSigmund wrote:

so how do you reconcile this with the fact that republicans give more to charity than democrats?

Churches, not charities. Organization trying to brainwash and convert people, instead of help them by giving actual scientific education and birth control.

Totally opposite of help.

Besides, even most non-church based "charities" are scams spending most of the given money on "administrative costs" and marketing of the same "charities" to get even more money from stupid people.

I give to only 2 charities, the Sally Ann who have less than 10% overhead and my Lodge, Freemasons, who have 0% overhead. Check out the Shriners Hospitals, the cancer cars and buses, that's us.

According to BBB, Salvation Army spends $2,655,565,000 on "Programs" (which are supposed to be charities) out of its revenue of $3,745,103,000, or only 70% of its revenue, putting its non-charitable spending at about 30%. But analyzing other charities, I always find that each program has its own administrative and other costs, not included into the "global" overhead count. Very little in the end goes to actual charitable causes compared to the initial revenue.

I am referring to the Sally Ann here as published some time ago, maybe a year

-- hide signature --

May The Light Be With You
Stupid should hurt
Stop global whining
Keep your business in town to keep your town in business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow