Suggestions for camera/lens combo for Italy

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
greenmanphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 656Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions for camera/lens combo for Italy
In reply to LynniePad, 3 months ago

LynniePad,

Where we were, there weren't any issues with large bags, other than carrying it around and the weight involved with doing so. But, we weren't in Rome, so... I DID have it with me at the church where the Shroud of Turin is kept, and had no issues there. Things may change, of course...

I agree with the idea, generally speaking, of not needing too much more than 100mm, unless you're specifically talking about trying to get some shots of Italian wildlife/birds. Most of the time when I was in Italy, I used either the 16-85 or the 10-20. Rarely did I go above that.

As for camera choices, if the OP can afford to do so, and has a desire to do so now, there are some pretty good deals quite often on the T4i that he may find useful. I suggest keeping an eye open along those lines, if it suits his future purposes, as well as this trip. Otherwise, consider renting a good camera, but be sure to get the insurance considering you're going overseas with it.

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
D200, 16-85mm, 35-135mm, Sigma 10-20 f3.5 N8008s, Gitzo 2531, Induro DM-01 ballhead
Certified Texas Master Naturalist
Proud WSSA Member #260!
www.flickr.com/photos/sibeardjr
www.doormouse-editions.com

greenmanphoto's gear list:greenmanphoto's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OohNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow