Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
minglukhan
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Micro Four Thirds to NX APS-C
3 months ago

I currently use m43 and by and large I am very happy with the image quality. However I mainly use high quality primes with the system and I do sometimes wonder if I would be as happy with a zoom lens on the smaller sensor.

For a long time I have been thinking of complimenting my m43 kit with an APS-C camera. I tried Sony but as we all know they produce excellent sensors and cameras but very poor lenses. I have been tempted by the NX2000 as it is currently very competitively priced and the plus points are the fantastic large sensor, big lcd screen, compact zoom and wifi options.

I am happy to use the kit lens as the camera would function as my landscape camera. The only concern I have is when I look at images taken with the NX series they seem a tad soft and not tack sharp. I have read in several reviews that additional PP is needed to sharpen the images as OOC jpegs are rather soft.

Any personal experience with the NX2000 or NX sensor and sharpness issues would be welcome

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow