Canon EOS 5D Mark III: Is there any disadvantage?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Albert Silver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,498Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark III: Is there any disadvantage?
In reply to filipebv, 5 months ago

filipebv wrote:

"Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting the Nikons don't handle these disparate issues better, but even without this, metering the sky over the people just seems like a fundamental mistake."

i don´t get it wrong, but it was not a mistake. i needed the logo corrected expose...as you can imagine i have others with people corrected expose with a beatiful white sky (no recovery is possible). big ev diference.

In such cases I use a flash, but it is not a big deal. If the D610 makes you a happy photographer then by all means. The strength of the 5D3 was never super DR at base ISO.

the noise in people faces is acceptable. try to do that with a canon sensor...probably in a few months you can and even better with the new 7d MKII

I am betting it will still be worse than the Sony sensor in base ISO by a lot. The idea that the big sensor improvements have anything to do with the base ISO DR is a mistake IMO. I expect a half a stop of improvement at most, and the big changes to be an improved version of the 70D AF.

Albert Silver's gear list:Albert Silver's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow