Waterproof bag for DSLR + Telephoto lens?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ZX11
Senior MemberPosts: 1,016Gear list
Like?
Re: Waterproof bag for DSLR + Telephoto lens?
In reply to Chris R-UK, 5 months ago

Chris R-UK wrote:

shadyyx wrote:

Yep, that scaring of anything life around us (when we try to approach quietly and undisturbingly) is the reason why I'd like to keep our dog at home. But tell my wife...

The inflatable should be a solid one capable of taking 5 adults while only two of us would be there so there should be enough of space to keep the dog away... I have to think about it little bit more...

Perhaps you can borrow the boat more than once. Take the dog and no camera the first time and the camera and no dog the second.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

I think people use waterproof cameras for shots taken from unstable boats.  You should separate the missions.  Adventure boating is one mission where the waterproof P&S (or Nikon's AW1) shine.  When the boat is beached for a rest or to explore, you can remove your DSLR w/ telephoto from the dry bag and go birding.

The guys using good gear in unstable boats are paid for the risk they are taking.  The gear doesn't matter.  Apparently anyway, since I have seen super expensive gear in the hands of people in rafts only when a support crew is passing them spare bodies and lenses.

-- hide signature --

"Very funny, Scotty! Now beam me down my clothes."

ZX11's gear list:ZX11's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow