Waterproof bag for DSLR + Telephoto lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris R-UK
Forum ProPosts: 12,347Gear list
Like?
Re: Waterproof bag for DSLR + Telephoto lens?
In reply to shadyyx, 2 months ago

shadyyx wrote:

Well, already found one, though the price is somehow bigger then expected...

http://www.marinsolar.biz/product_info.php?cPath=2_70&products_id=281

I don't think that your 100-400mm will fit into that housing, even at minimum zoom.

But maybe I'll invest only in some quality waterproof bag (for half the price of that marine underwater one) that will carry the equipment when not being used and I would just need to take extreme caution then while shooting (hopefully my wife could hold the dog for a while at that moment).

I think that is you only choice.  You can get a rain sleeve as well and a UV or ND0 filter would probably be a good idea.

As I indicated before, there is no way that I would try shooting birds from a small boat with a dog in it.  Apart from the risk that the dog will push you or your camera into the water, you will want the boat to be as stable as possible when shooting (and a dog won't help that) and the dog may scare aware any birds that you are trying to photograph.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow