Waterproof bag for DSLR + Telephoto lens?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris R-UK
Forum ProPosts: 12,651Gear list
Like?
Re: Waterproof bag for DSLR + Telephoto lens?
In reply to shadyyx, 5 months ago

shadyyx wrote:

Even if the dog wasn't there I'd like to protect my stuff the best I could. I find the underwater bags as perfect fit, unfortunately I cannot find one for telephoto lenses...

Does this mean that everybody shooting from inflatables, from inside the water or using special self-made platforms to shoot at almost water level does not protect his stuff? I have seen hundreds of photos taken from such platforms where the shooter was completely inside the water or from boats with equipment worth more than $20.000 and I just do not believe they are not protecting it somehow...

There are plenty of rain sleeves available for protecting the camera from spray.

If you want to protect the camera from immersion I think that you would have to use an underwater housing and I very much doubt that you can get one for your 100-400mm lens.  Most underwater photography is done with wide angle lenses, not telephotos.  Imagine the engineering problem of zooming your lens in an underwater housing.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow