ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chyoli
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Panasonic ZS40/TZ60 or Sony HX50 ?
3 months ago

Hi everybody,

My sister wants to buy a travel superzoom and has narrowed it down to the Panasonic ZS40/TZ60 or the Sony HX50 (for different reasons she has excluded other 30x travel zooms). She wants to use the camera for both stills and video and mainly (but not only) for traveling.

I'm in agreement with my sister that the ZS40/TZ60 seems to be a better camera than the HX50, with the main advantages being…

* Better IQ

* EVF

* Faster startup

* Less time btwn shots

The biggest advantage in favor of the HX50 is the price. We live in Europe and in our country the HX50 costs $200 (excl. sales tax), while the ZS40/TZ60 costs $385 (excl. sales tax). Thus it basically comes down to one question: Are the advantages offered by the ZS40/TZ60 worth an extra $185 ?

I do understand that it's highly individual which camera that's the best value for money, but would appreciate if anybody who have had experience with both camera models would share their thoughts. Anybody else is of course also welcome to weigh in.

(I have posted this in both the Panasonic and Sony subforums because I figured that some people with the unique knowledge I'm looking for wouldn't get to see it otherwise.)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow