ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Movendi
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
S110/S120 Alternatives
5 months ago

I'm seeking S120 alternatives.

I had a S95 a few years ago and was fond of its compactness and image quality. It was stolen 2 years ago and have just been using my galaxy s3 until i was ready to go on a trip, which will be to the USA next month.

I thought there would be significant improvements in the Canon S series but it sadly doesn't appear so.

I'll mainly be doing national parks and city/nightlife. I prefer taking wide landscape shots and sometimes take low light shots.

I'm seeking a camera in order of importance:

1. Pocketable - S95 thickness size.

2. In-built GPS

3. Sweeping Panorama mode

4. Wi-fi - transfer photos to smartphone

As much as i'd like to try out the RX100 it seems like it's just too thick. The s95 was just right in its size. I previously owned an LX3 and i would not consider that pocketable. It was too thick. I had to ponder about taking it with me anytime I went out without a backpack and be stuck with a bulky brick in my pocket. I did get a shoulder bag for it and that worked okay for hiking trips, but then when around the city I would leave it back at the hostel. So if the Rx100 is like that, then I will have to overlook it.

Is there anything like the S95 (size, image quality and simple user interface); but with in-built GPS (no smartphone gps tethering), and sweeping panorama mode similar to on the galaxy smartphones?

Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow