Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mac701
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
D800 White Points
3 months ago

I have 2 D800's (lucky me). the problem is that they both produce very different results when shooting in the same environment. The difference boils down to their varying interpretation of the white point in any given scene.

I shoot RAW (white point set to Auto) so I can deal with it in Camera Raw, but it is a pain having to keep doing so every time I use both bodies at the same location. Incidentally, both white points are off neutral by a noticeable distance - one is too warm and the other too cold.

Is anyone aware of a way to calibrate the camera's perception(s) of white point to be the same. Even if they both end up somewhat off neutral, at least the corrections would be uniform, saving a lot of time.

I am dubious about camera profiling as I work in a wide variety of locations and lighting conditions and don't have the time (on location) to create new profiles for every eventuality.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ANSWER:
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow