To A6000 owners

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
mosava
Regular MemberPosts: 368Gear list
Like?
Conclusion
In reply to mosava, 2 months ago

OK, I tried the auto modes these last days, and came to the conclusion that they were better avoided: at least 50% of really soft, and at most 10% of pictures that could be used for anything else than web or 6x4...

Results are eventually not really better than from P&S for auto, probably due to the greatest demands of an APS-C 24 Mp, smaller DOF? My wife's pictures were so bad that there must be some user error, though. Better show her how to use P mode with center autofocus (her subject is always in the center!) and keep an eye on the shutter speed...

I wish Sony would give a way to control AF area in Auto! Even my 9 years old Konica Minolta has it, and an IBIS!

I still regard that camera as a fantastic digital film back for my old lenses, and I like Sony for that. I hate Sony though for giving us a new flash shoe incompatible with my Sony flash (HVL42), even with the adaptor!

I realize I have a lot to learn about the camera though, then, thanks all for your input, I must now go and find the manual!

-- hide signature --

Just passing by...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow